Monday, October 25, 2010

Proverbs and Walter Wick

So, finally, here is my paragraph about the Walter Wick presentation at the Walter's Art Museum:

What I really appreciated about Walter Wick's style is that he doesn't use photo shop in the majority of his photographs. I really like traditional methods of art because I feel like it's far more personal. I think he only used photoshop in one of the pictures he showed us, and it was to draw a ghost coming out of the bottle in the end of the book. It's amazing how he constructed all of the different images. I think he really likes building sets and, at times, making sure that they work. Something else that I appreciated about his presentation were the slides of fan mail from children. I feel like it really embodied what he was trying to do with his art and his personality. He seemed to have a child-like outlook on life, which is why I think his illustrations interest children so much. Something that I didn't know about him is that he also takes science photos. He does these experiments like the pin sitting on top of water and photographs them. It was a really odd break away from the work that he normally does, but when I saw these pieces I wanted to see more. Overall I feel like his exhibit and presentation were a success.

Anyways, here is my homework:

The first illustration is: Into every life a little rain must fall.



And the second is: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.



No comments: